Pensions, mortgages and insurance advice
Astute financial planning is essential to secure the financial wellbeing of your family or your company. Whether you are making investment or pension decisions, or arranging insurance, the difference between one financial plan and another could make you, or cost you, thousands of pounds.
A major problem, however, is that we live in an era of information overload in which it is increasingly difficult to identify the real problems - and the best solutions. Making the correct financial decisions has never been harder.
Brebners financial services department aims to help you make those financial decisions. We can call on our colleagues in the tax department to make sure that any decision taken will be right for you. For our existing clients, we will normally have a complete picture of your financial affairs which will enable us to give you the right and most cost effective advice.
We can offer advice and assistance in the following areas:
- Cash investments - are your savings working as hard as they should do?
- Life assurance - have you arranged the right sort of cover? Are all your liabilities covered? If the worst was to happen will your family be looked after?
- Income protection - what happens if you cannot work? Will you still be able to pay your bills?
- Investments - we can provide advice as to where to invest your cash and to make sure that our recommendation meets your personal requirements.
- Pensions - we provide a service to enable you to review what you have and help you to make decisions as to how much and where you should invest your pension funds. If you wish to consider self-invested schemes then we can guide you through all the complexities and help you to set up a plan that would be right for you.
- Mortgages - we can advise and arrange all forms of residential and buy to let mortgages. We can make sure that the product chosen will fit your circumstances and, because we know our clients, we can help to make the process as quick and as painless as possible.
- Equity Release - we can guide people to make the right decision when they are looking to release funds from their house to either supplement their income or provide them with a lump sum.
- Tax Planning - have you invested your maximum into an ISA this year? Have you set up your estate so that it has funds in place to pay the inheritance tax? Has the potential tax bill been reduced to as low an amount as possible?
- Cash investments - again is the company’s cash earning enough interest? Many high street banks currently pay very little interest on their corporate deposits. A review could enable your cash to work much harder.
- Key person cover / share protection - do you have this cover in place? Is the sum assured sufficient and are the right people covered? What would happen to your share of the business if you died? Would your family be protected? Would the surviving partners be able to continue to own and run the company?
- Pension planning for staff - do you have a scheme in place for your employees? Do you understand that in the future you and your staff will have to make compulsory contributions to a pension scheme? We would be happy to advise you on what you will have to do. We can review any existing schemes to make sure that they are working as hard as they can for you and your staff.
- Pension planning for directors - are you as a director making the best use of your pension? Are you paying enough? We would be happy to review any existing schemes and to show you how future contributions can be used to provide you with a future income.
- Group benefits - if you are considering setting up a group life assurance scheme or a private medical scheme for you and your employees we would be happy to make sure that the right product is selected.
For more information, please contact: