We have an opportunity for an experienced practice bookkeeper and management accountant.
Based at our London office on Shaftesbury Avenue, the role also involves travelling to client premises in central London.
The role will involve working with SME businesses across many business sectors including retail, fashion, art galleries, construction and restaurants.
The main responsibilities will be:-
- Bookkeeping including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries;
- Preparation of bank and cash and all other balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts and other strategic reports;
- Preparation and online submission of quarterly VAT returns, EC sales lists and monthly Intrastat declarations;
- Preparation and submission of monthly CIS returns;
- Assisting clients with general accounting and bookkeeping support and advice;
- Manage own workload in order to complete allocated tasks to time.
- At least three years relevant practical experience working in a firm of accountants preparing management accounts;
- Good VAT knowledge including experience dealing with EC transactions including reverse charge, EC sales lists, margin scheme and Intrastat supplementary declarations;
- Good IT skills including excel, word and outlook;
- Detailed knowledge of Sage Line 50 and QuickBooks accounting software with a strong understanding of double entry bookkeeping and quick processing skills;
- A good working knowledge of Xero accounting software also preferable;
- Experience of acting for cash business including restaurants;
- Experience of completing and submitting CIS returns;
- A good understanding of expenses and benefits and the preparation of P11D’s and PSA’s.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads and work under pressure;
- Confident to work at clients’ premises unsupervised.
Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English as there will be lots of client interaction. They must also be eligible to work in the UK without requiring work permit.